C-Kermit Support Contract
CUSTOMER:______________________________________EFFECTIVE DATE: ____________
YEARS (1 OR MORE):____________________ PAYMENT ($1000 PER YEAR): ____________
Upon receipt of payment, this contract is effective for specified number of
years beginning with the date shown, and for each year thereafter for which
payment is received. The annual fee is $1000 USD. The terms are as follows:
- The C-Kermit support contract is for companies, government agencies,
and other organizations using C-Kermit internally. It does not confer the
right to distribute C-Kermit to customers or clients; for that a
LICENSE is required.
- You (the CUSTOMER) must be using an up-to-date version of C-Kermit. At
present, the minimum version is 8.0.200, released 12 Dec 2002. When and if
new versions come out, and you are still running an older version, we will
be entitled to ask you to upgrade to the current one before attempting to
address any problems.
- File transfer problems that occur with 3rd-party clients such as Procomm
will not be considered problems if they do not also occur with Kermit Project
clients such as Kermit 95 (on Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP), MS-DOS Kermit (on
DOS or Windows 3.x), C-Kermit on UNIX or VMS, etc.
- Host configuration is your responsibility; support in this area does not
come from us, at least not beyond the hints that are offerred in the release
- Support is provided to a single point of contact, the Technical Liaison, at
your organization. Users within your organization should go through the
Technical Liaison; that is, this support contract does not entitle all
employees of your organization to direct one-on-one technical support from
- The support contract does not include training for installation or basic
usage. It is assumed that your organizational Technical Liaison is familiar
with C-Kermit, Kermit file transfer, and the host computer configuration, and
can provide your users with documentation and training.
- The contract does not include custom development.
Within this framework, we (COLUMBIA) will support C-Kermit as follows:
Our preferred mode of communication is e-mail to:
- We will answer Kermit-related questions from the technical liaison.
- When C-Kermit does not work as advertised, we will provide appropriate
guidance, workarounds, patches, or fixes in a timely manner.
- In case the host environment changes under C-Kermit in such a
way as to render it inoperative, we will make our best effort to update
C-Kermit accordingly, given the necessary information and access.
This allows us to marshal the appropriate people in the shortest amount of
time, and to maintain continuity and context.
To arrange for a C-Kermit support contract, send e-mail to
C-Kermit Support Contract / The Kermit Project / May 2003