Kermit Software for Hewlett Packard Platforms
Kermit software is available for a wide variety of Hewlett Packard platforms.
Status: A = Up to date and fully supported. B = Up to date,
supported on a best effort basis.
C = Dated, supported on a best effort basis.
D = Donated long ago by a programmer who is no longer available;
we can't support it, but source code is available (volunteer programmers
with access to these systems are welcome to make improvements and submit them
to the Kermit archive;
contact us if you are interested).
- C-Kermit 8.0 is available for every release of
HP-UX from 5.00 to 11i, on all hardware models. This is our most advanced
Kermit server software, incorporating every feature of the Kermit protocol,
plus the ability to dial out and make Telnet and FTP connections, the ability
to accept incoming connections, the ability to send both numeric and
alphanumeric pages, and full scripting capatility.
Prebuilt binaries are available for many
combinations of HP-9000 model and HP-UX version; others can be built from source code.
C-Kermit is bundled with HP-UX 10.00 and later by contract between Columbia
University and Hewlett Packard. In case the version distributed with HP-UX
lags behind the current one, you can update your version from here.
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
- Kermit 95 is
available for HP PCs running Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP. It offers the same
capabilities as C-Kermit, plus built-in FTP, and XYZMODEM protocols,
and 40 terminal emulations including HP2621 and HPTERM. It can make serial
connections (dialed or direct) as well as TCP/IP (SSH, Telnet, or Rlogin)
connections, as well as full scripting capability. Status: A.
- Previous release of C-Kermit are
available for HP/Apollo Aegis and SR10. Status: C.
- For the HP-1000 with RTE6 or RTEA: the hpm*.* files
NOTE: HP-1000 Kermit does not negotiate Kermit protocol parameters correctly.
To use with a modern Kermit program such as C-Kermit or Kermit 95, tell the
newer Kermit to "set send negotiation-string-max-length 6".
- Two Kermit programs are available for the HP-3000, one written in SPL,
the other in C. Get the hp3*.* file in text mode from the
in the Kermit FTP archive. This will retrieve all the files needed for
both of them. The functionality should be roughly equivalent, since the C
version is a hand-translation of the SPL version. Status: D.
- IBM-compatible HP PCs with DOS 2.0 or higher or Windows 3.x
- MS-DOS Kermit. Serial and network connections.
MS-DOS Kermit 3.11 and later includes its own built-in TCP/IP stack.
VT100/102/220/320 emulation, Kermit file-transfer protocol, full scripting.
- HP-95 and -100 Handheld PCs
- MS-DOS Kermit.
- HP-150, 110, and Portable Plus
- Version 3.10 (circa 1990) of
is available for the HP-150 series of (non-IBM compatible) PCs, for serial
- A Kermit program for the HP-125 is available among the
CP/M Kermit files.
- HP-2647 Programmable Graphics Terminal
- Circa 1987. Get the hp2*.* file in text mode from the
in the Kermit FTP archive. Status: C.
- HP-9816 200/300 BASIC Workstation
- Kermit in HP BASIC by Andy Campagnola of HP. The Kermit program for this
computer is in some kind of tokenized binary format, and the documentation is
also in a binary format. A ZIP archive is available
Plain-text documentation is
A listing of the BASIC source code is
- Other HP-BASIC
- Several Kermit versions are available for HP-BASIC systems. Retrieve all
these files in text mode:
- For the HP-9845: the hp9*.* files in the
- For the HP-86 or HP-87:
the hp8*.* files in the
- UCSD Pascal
- For HP-98xx workstations with the UCSD p-System: the hp9*.* files
- HP-48 Calculator
- The HP-48 calculator has its own built-in Kermit protocol that can be
used in conjunction with some of the other Kermit software programs listed
here. Status: Supported by HP. For further information:
HP Kermits / Columbia University / email@example.com / 3 July 2002